Information & registration (required): 604.777.7000 ext.109 | jcnm[@]nikkeiplace.org
Ted Ohashi, an educator and co-author of “Tasaka” and Linda Kawamoto Reid, Assistant Archivist at the Museum, will present a workshop answering the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about writing and researching Nikkei family history. Workshop will be limited to 25 participants.
Linda Kawamoto Reid, Family History Research FAQ:
- Why are my relatives shy about talking about family history?
- Where does one find information about immigrant ancestors to Canada?
- How does one go about getting information about the property that was confiscated during WWII?
- Are there sources of information specifically for Nikkei history?
- What is a Koseki and how can I get one?