Date & Time
New class: July 11, 2020. 11am-3pm.
Fee & Registration
Per session: $25/$20 members (plus tax and fees)
非会員：$25 / 会員：$20
Please register online.
This workshop is suited for beginners.
We will provide guidance and a variety of supplies for tying fabrics. You are also welcome to bring in a piece tied ready for dyeing. You may dye 200 grams of fabric. A t-shirt, scarf, or a tote bag are good choices. Types of fabric you can dye are cotton, silk, hemp, ramic, rayon, and linen.
You may start working anytime after 11am for tying. The dyeing station is open from 12pm-3pm. The time you will need for tying and dying will depend on the complexity of your design. A few ties will only take a few minutes, while complex designs can take hours. The time for dyeing will depend on how dark you would like your piece to be. Please allow at least one hour from start to end.
Please bring rubber gloves and fabric you would like to dye.
Maximum 6 participants.
NNMCC members receive 20% discount. Please contact the organizer for the promo code. email@example.com | 604.777.7000
What do I need to bring to the workshop?
White fabric (cotton, silk, hemp, ramic, rayon, and linen), max 200 grams.Rubber gloves.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org | or call 604.777.7000 ext.109.
LET'S STAY SAFE
We are able to offer this workshop with social distancing.
Please review our new guidelines about visiting the Nikkei Centre on our website here -https://centre.nikkeiplace.org/2020/05/25/nikkei-centre-reopens-june-2/
The following information is specific to the workshop.
- We are setting up work tables in the Hall to allow for lots of social distancing.
- The workshop is limited to 6 participants.
- I will be wearing a non-medical mask, and practicing frequent hand washing while preparing workshop supplies.
- Three stations for dyeing will be set up in the kitchen. Only 3 people will be allowed to be in the dyeing area at one time.
- You may have to wait up to 45 minutes for your turn to dye. You may dye multiple pieces as time allows, but maximum two pieces is recommended. You can explore our exhibits, enjoy the garden, or check out our July flea market while you wait for your turn.
- Bring a packed lunch if you wish - you will basically have your own work table for the day.
- If you wish to cancel your booking, please let me know asap so we can allow people on the waiting list to join.
- If you need to cancel due to health reasons on the day - we will still offer a full refund. Please do not attend if you have Covid-19 symptoms. More workshops will be offered soon.
Thank you for your cooperation.