The Nikkei National Museum (NNM) is located on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territories of the Coast Salish Peoples; and in particular, the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm Musqueam, Sḵwx̱wú7mesh Úxwumixw Squamish, səl̓ilwətaɁɬ Tsleil-Waututh, and kʷikʷəƛ̓əm Kwikwetlem First Nations territories. The mandate of the Nikkei National Museum (NNM) is to honour, preserve, and share Japanese culture and Japanese Canadian history and heritage for a better Canada.
We are currently hiring for the following positions:
COVID-19 pandemic: NNMCC continues to monitor the situation around the COVID-19 pandemic. Job duties will be adjusted whenever needed to accommodate physical distancing requirements.
The Facility Staff is a hands-on staff person assuming overall responsibility for the set up and cleaning duties and for facilitating use of the Nikkei National Museum & Cultural Centre.
- Part-time and on-call.
- Lifting and moving of tables and chairs, some janitorial duties, customer service.
- Audio Visual, and technical equipment knowledge an asset.
- Evening & weekend shifts with the occasional weekday shifts.
- Flexible shifts.
- Minimum 7 month work visa required.
- Conversational level English required (opportunity to improve your English!)
- Japanese language ability is an asset.
$13.85/hr. Must be punctual, reliable, a team player.
- Set-up and take down for events, programs, meetings, weddings, birthday parties (Tables, chairs, AV equipment)
- Customer Services (on-site communication)
- Facility Management/Maintenance
- Facility upkeep/cleaning
- Ensure all requested audiovisual equipment and accessories are set up to specifications and are in good working order.
No calls, please.
Please forward applications with resume by email to Patrick Fujisawa, Facility Team Coordinator: facility[at]nikkeiplace.org